Sunday, September 8, 2019

WordPress: TwentyTwenty

After looking through the trending page on Github, I was able to find a project called, "twentytwenty" that caught my eye. The project is associated with WordPress and is a new default theme they are creating. After some research, I found out their main programming language consists of JavaScript & CSS. This project seems to be at the beginning stages of production at the time of the blog post. 

Looking at previous themes of WordPress, I can see they have default themes called, "Twenty Nineteen" , "Twenty8teen", "Twenty Seventeen", etc.  Thus, shows that WordPress has a pattern going on with their theme directory. 

I am interested in working on default themes as my first open source development project because I have always wondered how Blogger, WordPress, Wix, etc. created default themes for their website. On Youtube, many blogging and/or template platform advertisements appear before youtube videos and most of them are know for their templates to make the user experience easier. Some of these default themes are interesting due to their design, widgets, etc. and I would like to be part of the process in creating one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Release 0.4: Final Update (Week #3)

Release 0.4: Final Update This is the final update for Release 0.4. I completed the internal and external requests which I will list do...