Monday, October 7, 2019

Lab #3 - Octoberfest Preparation

Hactoberfest 2019 Preparation 

This is the first time I will be participating in the Hacktoberfest. It was mentioned in our Open-Source development class several times when we started, however, I didn't realize it was mandatory to do for the course and thus, I didn't have much interest in it until now. Due to the fact that it's required for the course, I am actually looking into it more and I realized that this is such a good opportunity and I should have take initiative and looked at this beforehand. For starters, I love competition and competing with other people to win prizes and this is a perfect example of that. The first 50,000 that complete 4 pull request(s) win t-shirts which I high-key want the t-shirt. 

 For this month, my goals include: 

1. get involved in a project that you find interesting

2. Work on code including HTML / CSS / JS; web - application development based.

3.  I want to work more with Git and Github Desktop 

 After researching some open issues available on Github, I found these three that look particularly interesting: 

1. Split html file into three different file and folder, restructure webpage #19 

2. Create a nice homepage #7 

3. Improve the UI #15 

I choose these 3 thinks because they have to do with HTML changes / additions / fixes.  To achieve these goals, I will look at the requirements and see if I am able to complete it. I will measure the progress based on the size of the issues and I will put the issue in my phone to keep track on how long I've been working on the issue.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Release 0.4: Final Update (Week #3)

Release 0.4: Final Update This is the final update for Release 0.4. I completed the internal and external requests which I will list do...