Friday, November 15, 2019

Release 0.3 - Internal and External Issues

Release 0.3

For Release 0.3, I successfully completed a merged internal pull request for Seneca-CDOT/telescope which was a course wide programming project where I worked with over 50+ Seneca students. For my internal issues which can be located in the links down below if you press, "click here" for the internal issue and internal PR.

Internal Issue: click here 
Internal PR: click here

For my internal issue, I decided to incorporate fragmentation to the HTML to text Parser which updated the previously coded HTML to text parser that used general JSDOM. In simplicity, HTML to text parser takes the HTML code and returns just the plain text back so we can use it for the project. A simple incorporated HTML code to text parser was created by another student and I enhanced it to use fragmentation. Fragmentation is used when you don't need the whole document of HTML. It can takes parts and pieces and return the plain text for it. This makes it easier for us to just parse HTML to text for parts of the code we actually need except everything.

External Issue: click here
External PR: click here 
 
For my external issue, I did a much bigger issue than the ones I did for the Hacktoberfest. I continued on a project I worked on in Release 0.2 which was called Instance. Instance is equivalent to a blog / picture diary. The project required someone to work on creating the Registration / Sign up page for the Instance website. This included:

  1. Fields that I created/already there before but added to form: First Name, Last Name, Username, password, and Email.
  2. Added a background image
  3. Added some validation aspects to the fields which includes:
    i. Making the fields required.
    ii. The first and Last name only take alphabets.
    iii. Password has a minimum length of 8.
  4. Created a "Already have an account?" button that redirects to the login page if clicked.
  5. Added CSS to make it look better.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Release 0.4: Final Update (Week #3)

Release 0.4: Final Update This is the final update for Release 0.4. I completed the internal and external requests which I will list do...